Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Time and tide hath never waited for one

The DST scandal

Heh heh, I know fer sure that blood in your veins must be runnin along really fast considering that this title resembles a very popular episode captured on MMS involving the misadventures of a couple of sprightly youngings. But.... for the self proclaimed geeks out there, this is an exciting time when a slow old bureaucracy fraught with conflicting thoughts that are powerful enough to cancel each other out moves eventually along the way to progess (no-one has ensured that it won't step back :)) and embarks on a perilous journey to change time itself!

Naah, no-one has yet found a way to time-travel (or no-one has publicised it yet) but good ol' Indiana - the midwest of the midwest is finally switching timezones and surprisingly, is implementing DST! Now, why might you ask, did you need to know this singularly uninteresting piece of information that is obscured within singlularly uninteresting prose. Well...... :) I dont know.

All I know is that this time change thingy is making stuff a little too difficult for me. Changing timezones on all the few hundered machines in the lab, prepping for a DTS (gawd, another acronym!) presentation thats been pushed ahead due to this fiasco and working on 3 sumissions for next week... Do I need time? Nope. I'm cool... I'm cool [the sound of thudnerous rage ensues, accompanies by the sound of crashing glass] (dude, it happens in the movies - crashing glass I mean).

Hmm... singularly uninteresting week :)

No comments: